Our social:

Saturday, November 4, 2017

[Gabbin' with Gamers] ImAGamerGeek





Welcome to the newest installment of Gabbin’ with Gamers. Miley Thomson, a.k.a. ImaGamerGeek, joins The Switch Effect to answer some questions about her gaming passion. With over 3,000 Instagram followers and counting, this is one channel you do not want to miss! So let’s begin!

Thank you Miley for giving us this interview. I came upon your Instagram page and I see that you're a big collector. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Yes, I am definitely a big fan of collecting gaming related stuff, especially when it comes to Nintendo. There’s not much to tell. My names Miley Thomson & my big passion is sharing my geeky gaming interests on Instagram and have recently started a YouTube channel to expand sharing my gaming life. I’m 25, live in Scotland in the U.K. where my life literally revolves around my gaming addiction. Yes, it’s an addiction. I literally never stop thinking and playing video game & I love it.


Can you tell us about how you got into gaming and collecting?


I started playing video games very young and I’ve always loved them. I guess I only got properly into gaming in my late teens. As soon as I had my own income, my money was always spent on gaming consoles, games, Amiibos and so on and so forth.


What was the first console and game that you owned?


I actually can’t remember what my first console was, but I do remember it was Nintendo. The first game I owned was The Legend Of Zelda, but couldn’t tell you which game it was. What I can tell you is I’m 100% a huge Zelda fan. The excitement I had when I heard about BOTW was off the scale.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild


Do you have any fond childhood memories based around gaming?


I do and lots of them. My strongest memory is being at my Dads with my little sister Lisa. My Dad had just bought us a Dreamcast and we sat for hours on end playing Sonic. Laughing, arguing whose shot it was and all that fun stuff. I also remember my Dad having to bring our dinner into our room because we wouldn’t go to the table to eat. So we sat, ate, and gamed at the same time.

Were any of your family members enthusiastic about gaming?

I’d say my older brother Jamie was the one that got me into gaming. I remember him playing on his Game Boy when we were really young and never giving me a shot, but I’d sit quite contently watching him play whatever it was he was playing.

Let's jump forward a bit. Here's one to get you thinking. If you weren't collecting games, what would be your hobby?

Oh, that’s a tough one, but I’d have to say playing guitar. I’ve played guitar for about 10 years now, but I definitely spend a lot more time gaming than playing. If I wasn’t into gaming I’d definitely say my guitar would get a lot more attention.

As you're aware, technology continues to advance the gaming industry. Have you been a fan of these changes? 

I absolutely love how technology is advancing. It’s so exciting and so far, I’m loving the direction it’s going in. 

Where do you think technology will bring us in the future?

I honestly don’t have a clue but I’m super excited to find out.

We at The Switch Effect are obviously big fans of Nintendo's new console. What are your impressions of the Switch?

I LOVE it! The Switch for me is something the gaming industry has been needing for a long time. It has brought a new chapter to the gaming world for me. I can honestly say I bring my Switch with me everywhere I go and is hands down my favorite gaming console to ever exist. I’m a huge fan and I can’t imagine how Nintendo is going to up their game in years to come as the Switch is just perfection.

Which new games are you looking forward to the most?

After BOTW, the main game I was looking forward to was Super Mario Odyssey. Now, it has been released and it did not disappoint. For me, it’s been the best game released since BOTW. The game I’m looking forward to most, although it’s not a “new” game, is Skyrim. I played Skyrim for hours on end on my PS3 and to have in handheld is a dream come true.

Link…in Skyrim? Count us in!


We came across your Instagram account and loved seeing your collections. What interested you in starting a social media account?


I honestly just wanted to share my passion with the world. I love taking photos and I love gaming so Instagram for me was the perfect platform. I did not expect it to take off like it did though, but I’m loving meeting new friends with the same passion as me and I look forward to seeing all their comments and reading their opinions on stuff. There’s no words. I’m so grateful for all the followers I have gained. There’s just no words for how happy I am that other people enjoy my posts.


What is the best way for our readers/followers to keep up with you?


 My main posts are on my gaming Instagram (@ImAGamerGeek), but I do have a personal account too. I also use twitter a lot and am trying to kick start my YouTube channel and get a decent number of videos up. I’m pretty much everywhere.  Other than my gaming account, everything else is ImMileyThomson. Good luck keeping up. Haha.

Last question now that I've run you through the gauntlet. Is there anything else you'd like to share?

I think we’ve pretty much covered everything. Thank you for asking me to do this interview it’s been fun answering all your questions and made me put my thinking cap on. I’ve really enjoyed it 😊!

Thank you again for taking the time to speak with The Switch Effect and for our readers to learn more about your gaming passion and see your future posts and videos. 

To follow Miley, make sure to use the links below:





0 comments:

Post a Comment